Hi
As promised a look at a small town USA I love this small town and it is going to be hard to move away.
Now lets start the tour the first picture is of the north side of main street going into town from our house
as you can see we still have half dirt roads. The next picture is coming from the south side coming into town.
Many of the stores are empty and have broken windows there are only a few working employers and it is sad to see main street dying. the next picture is the town coming in from the west.
This is the only gas station in town the road is the main road and it is not very busy on any day of the week.
The last picture is from the road looking East and it has a picture of the grain silos and another empty building. It is so sad to see everything so falling apart. This town was once a very important train stop and they use to have large rodeo's. People would come from all over the state now look at it.
Well I hope you have enjoyed this small town tour as I have enjoyed living here. Now we are moving on to another small town that is also dying with empty stores and empty faces. I hope that I can light my little corner of this small town world. Now sit down with a cup of hot chocolate, tea, or coffee and warm your self by the crackling fire.




That IS a small town. Nice atmosphere though.
ReplyDeleteThe town we are moving to is just a hair bigger, but closer to Dan's job in Brush.
Delete